Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We live in an unlucky apartment

Is it just my bad luck, or do all apartments have something break . . . ALL the time . . . ALWAYS on Sunday when the maintenance people aren't here?

Our freezer like to collect water really quickly. Then it freezes, and then it leaks into the fridge. Where it freezes and melt and gets water EVERYWHERE. It was "fixed" about 2 weeks ago, but in that 2 weeks, it's collected enough ice again to fill an entire 4 quart bowl. And it hasn't done that in the almost two years we've lived there until now. Grrrr......

Sunday, we all took showers (James, Bekah and I) and there was plenty of hot water to go around. Sunday after church I was doing the dishes and noticed there wasn't any hot water. I though it was still recovering from our showers earlier. By Sunday night, there was still nothing. Monday morning came and still no hot water. We checked the pilot light, it was out. Boo :(
I thoroughly read the instructions on our water tank and proceeded to re-light the pilot.
First try: Success! Two seconds later, it was out again.
Second attempt: Ball of flame erupts inside of the tank. Scared spitless. Don't want to touch water heater again.
After a few minutes of "recovery time" and making sure that there was no leaking gas, we try again. This time, there's a spark, but no ignition.
4th attempt: It lights! Go to turn the temperature up. The flame e x p a n d s, the water heater turns on, but as I turn the temperature up, the flame dies.
Several attempts later, no success.

Luckily we had some very kind friends who let us use their shower that night. But still. . .
Why does our apartment seem to break EVERY WEEKEND??

I wish I was handy like my dad. He can fix, build, do ANYTHING. . . It's hard living in a broken place with him 2 states away

1 comment:

Andon, Katie, and Camilla said...

I love your dad! He's the nicest man ever!!