Sunday, June 20, 2010

San Diego: Week 1

So, in efforts to follow Nancy's advice to take pictures daily, a task I am not perfect at, I figure I MIGHT as well share said pictures.

This is where I find myself working... Go SOE... I can't take pictures in side but its loaded with wall artwork and nerd stuff... really cool

My apartment has a garden, and that is pretty sweet, I plan on helping my roommates work on it through the summer. It mostly is taken care of by one roommate, but whatever.

On Saturday I went to the famed San Diego temple. Its currently under construction... so ill take new pictures when the scaffolding comes down at the end of July.

And this final beauty is where I have been sleeping. Its quite a comfy couch. Sometimes my roommates wonder if I ever move at all after work... playin games with Nancy and such.

So yeah, thats some shots from this past week. More about my life, I am working on User Interface creation and implementation. The team I am working on is XXXXXXXX. I can't actually say because it is an unannounced SOE title... i.e a NEW GAME. When its announced I will let you all know. The first week has been a real experience for me. Instead of being surrounded by people talking about ledgers and payroll invoices I am surrounded by people talking about combo breakers, weapon sets and how the ogre should look with the design. Its wonderful, I am surrounded by people who are passionate about the same things I am. My current assignment has me working on interface stuff, a targeting interface, and I am picking things up day by day. I get to learn a new scripting language, LUA, as well as relearn C++ and Flash/Actionscript. It will be great, more as it comes along.

I am always harried by the traffic. For those who do not know, San Diego traffic is pretty bad. My work hours are 9:30-6:30 and there are still tons of cars on the road when I travel at this time...
a nice picture to give you an idea... taken from my car. Otherwise, you get used to it. My roommates are cool. 2 of them are getting married shortly and thus moving out. Thats ok. I go running and lift weights in the mornings, and im working on a good routine of that. I don't want to be a fat slob when I come home at the end of the summer. I game a lot, and I think im starting to influence my roommates a bit... just a bit mind you as they learn about me and my views on life.

Otherwise... thats a little glimpse of my simple but enjoyable life right now.

No comments: