Saturday, June 12, 2010

Greetings from San Diego

Well,

Im really in love with Nancy and I am so glad she has been doing a good job of keeping up with the blog. That is just really great news for all to know.

Its true, I am now in San Diego to embark on a 10 week internship with Sony Online Entertainment. For those of you who do not know, they created Everquest which was commonly known as "Evercrack" back in the late 90's, early new millennium. It was a huge front runner in the video game MMORPG industry and really established that genre as a possibility. It is also the only game I have ever played from SOE... (Im more of a Blizzard, Bioware, Bungie, Microsoft Gaming Studios, SquareENIX guy myself...), but an internship they offered and I am still really excited. Who knows, maybe ill gain a love for their games? Its not that I dislike em... I've just been busy with others and know nothing.

So Monday I start my internship... and embark on a new set of possibilities. I made the 11 hour journey today. Thankfully, I found someone to travel with. Another BYU Student also got an internship with SOE so we carpooled down together. It was fun getting to know him and having someone to chat with for the 11 hour drive. We share a lot of the interests and it was fun to talk to an animation student and someone who has similar goals to me. Real nice guy, get to know him.

So 11 hours on the road and i find myself in a new state... first thing i do? Go to my apartment of course. BUT... nobody is home so second thing I do? Find a gamestop to change my starcraft II reservation. Gotta have priorities

Nancy has committed me to taking a picture every day so I will try to share some of them as this next 10 weeks go by.

-Sid

1 comment:

Worth Dayley said...

Got some referrals to my blog from this blog, so I thought I'd see what was up. You can never hide from the Internet!

Your Ford Explorer saved my life. My bicycle and many monitors thank you.