Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Favorite Was When He Teared Up . . . .

James left this morning. only 72 days until we will see each other again! It will go by fast. Especially since we've made goals of things we want to do this summer.

James got up at 6am, and then I got up about 6:45am to see him off. I got my crying out last night. We were sitting on the couch, watching TV, waiting to go to my Frisbee game with all his luggage around us, and a wave of emotion hit me and I just started crying my eyes out. James was very comforting and it was nice to cuddle with him. I told myself that that was going to be my only time I cried like that. I knew I needed to get one good cry out and the rest of the time I would be better.

Before we went to bed, James offered to give me a priesthood blessing. How I love the priesthood!  It was a wonderful blessing, and everything will be OK.

So this morning, we again cuddled on the couch one last time before he left . . . And James got a little teary eyed himself!! That was so endearing to me! James is not one to do that (I think I cry enough for both of us), but it really meant a lot to me that he would let his emotions show for a second. I made sure I didn't cry though, because I wanted to reassure him that I would be ok, and not a ball of emotion while he was gone :)

The first thing I did this morning is make the bed. Which I'm sure is what most people do all the time. It's part of their daily routine. Not mine. James always makes the bed. I was never good at making my bed growing up, but James always makes the bed regardless of whether he wakes up before me, which on the weekends, he always does ;)



I will miss having him there, obviously. And I'll have to make sure I plan that extra 5 minutes it takes to make the bed. Good news is, I can rotate the mattress all by myself :D. I'll only have to do that 2 more times.







Some things I have planned for the Summer:





Be Healthy. James and I have promised each other that we will both exercise and eat healthier while we're apart this summer (that way, we'll look ever more beautiful when we see each other again in August, haha)







Read good books:

This is the first book. Next will come Fablehaven 5, then I'll take on the tough one, Lord of the Rings


Talk on the phone ALL the time with My James.
Yes, this is my new, sexy touch screen phone. 
I'm pretty much in love with it.
I tell James constantly it's the most wonderful thing.
And yes, that is the weather now.
James left me in Cloudy, rainy, cold weather,
For this:

If that's not enough to make you jealous, check out the 10-day forecast. And let's not forget. . . He'll be at the beach . . . DAILY.


And attend many aerobic classes. 
This will be a good summer. We both have plenty to keep us busy. And it'll give us a good experience. I will use this time to better myself and get some crafty things done, like hopefully scrapbook.

I love you, James. I will miss you!

Love,
Nancy

No comments: