Sunday, June 20, 2010

That Feels Better

So Thursday, Friday and Saturday went by pretty quick.
That means only 9 more weeks 'til I see James!

But this week was hard. Hopefully it'll only get better from here.

I let the apartment get into disarray. And then Saturday (my usual chores & cleaning day), I didn't get anything done (went to Manti with friends all morning and played games with James all night), so things just felt off.

Today after church I set out to clean the apartment and organize it. It feels so much better.
And for lunch I had another delish fruit salad and a turkey sandwich with tomatoes, lettuce, mushroom and apple slices. MMmmm . . . sometimes I'm so healthy, it makes me sick. Haha.



I'm trying to make up for Friday and especially Saturday. Yesterday I didn't track my calories at all. We stopped at a McDonald's and I actually got a sausage egg mcmuffin. Bad, Nancy. And the rest of the day went down hill from there :)











I went with our married friends, Krista and Taylor, and their friend Suzie down to the Manti Temple. It is a very gorgeous temple. I had a very enjoyable time. It would have been nice to have James there. But he was in the Temple in San Diego. Precious, I know :)


My hair was awesome today. It did exactly what I wanted it to. It's days like today that make me glad I have long hair . . . Unlike the other 75% of the time when I feel like chopping it all off. . .

I went running every day this last week. At 6am! Wow . . I'm so proud of myself! Hopefully I'll make team so I don't have to do that again! By Friday, it was a real struggle to get out of bed. But I did. Aerobics classes start this week, so I will be able to have variety again. Yay variety.

I have such an awesome ward. This summer is the reason we moved in. It's so there would be an awesome ward to take care of me. I feel so loved and looked out for. I don't think any other ward would treat me the same as this ward has.

Salad I made for dinner tonight. Aren't I simply amazing?? :D

We've graduated to another color. Yay!
See how much shorter the chain is already? (yes, it is longer on the other side because it didn't like staying up)
Yay for the first week done and gone! 9 more!

3 comments:

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

Hang in there! Xan and I were apart for 2 months when Iceland wouldn't let me stay. Distractions were the biggest help for me. I went out and did all the stuff that Xan doesn't enjoy doing and had a blast! Like girl's nights, meeting up with my old friends from my before Xan days, sitting around with my female family members chit chatting about women's stuff, watching Bollywood. Good luck!

Andon, Katie, and Camilla said...

I think we need a lady's lunch sometime with everyone. I love our ward too! I MISS IT! I love the singles ward but I miss you guys so much!

Thanks for being such a great example of exercising and eating healthy. I'm trying too, and I've lost 10 so far! Only 30 more to go!

Love your chain. ;)

Jess said...

Hey Nancy--how in the world do we have so many mutual friends?

Ashley and Xan lived in the foreign language housing and are good friends--have been for years.

And I knew Taylor from a class when we realized he was dating my roommate Krista--both good friends.

I'm glad you have such awesome friends as support this summer while James is away. Tell them hi for me. :)