Yesterday was James' day. He received a call from Sony Online Entertainment asking him to resend his resume and such because they had some changes in timelines on some of the internships. James wuickly responds and they said they would call back later that day.
James go to lunch at McDonald's. Randomly he is also there at the same time as the director of animation for BYU. They have lunch together. The director tells James to email him and he will start getting contacts for James of different things James could do. Wow.
James gets a call from Sony. They ask him a couple questions. Then offer him the internship. It's most likely in San Diego. For 10 weeks. It starts June 14th. Wow.
I really don't know how I feel at this point. I've had all these pent up frustrations for so long about this whole internship thing and worrying about James because he wasn't happy with his job and how will he get experience to start working, and if we don't get an internship, what will we do after graduation, etc. It's not complete relief yet, there's still a lot of details to work out, which more will be today, but it's kinda crazy. It all happened so fast.
I know it is an answer to prayer. . . We hadn't even been considering Sony and all of a sudden it's here for us. Our Bishop on Sunday said that there are some blessings that the Lord is waiting to give us, we just need to ask for them. I know we've been asking for an internship every day for the past 6 months. . . But I feel that after what the Bishop said, I really felt determined about getting the "internship blessing" I knew that James deserved and needed. And so that's what I prayed for earnestly. And look what happened!
So that's that for now. Again, I don't know yet how I feel. I'm still a little worried, just wondering how everything's going to work out. And it all seems really fast. So yeah.
Happy Birthday to James tomorrow! He got what he was wishing for: An Internship offer. Yay!

2 comments:
Wow! Wow! That is so great. I hope the details work out quickly so you won't have to worry. Way to go James!
PS San Diego! Lucky!
whoot whoot!
Post a Comment