James is the best husband ever. Hands down.
He lights up my life, makes me laugh, makes me feel wonderful, tells me I'm pretty, and a billion other things that makes him my everything :)
I made the Spring ballroom dance team. Woot, woot! James is actually taking a break from dancing. So it's just me right now. It's a lot of fun, we're doing a Viennese Waltz. . . which is my favorite dance EVER. It really makes you feel like a princess. We're doing it to the Harry Potter theme. Which means that every day I have that song stuck in my head.
James is working at a place called Caselle right now, internshiping. It's been a blessing because he was able to start the week after school got out, so now we don't have to hurt so much in the paycheck area.
As for the whole, healthier lifestyle thing. . . I've been up and down. I started a weight training class in March just for the last block of the semester, and I started running about 3 miles a day. . . After 2 months of that (and of writing down what I ate and being a little more food conscious), I lost maybe 3 pounds. . . . And that kinda made me not very happy. I've signed up for some aerobic classes through BYU and I'm also doing the "Y Be Fit" program BYU offers which takes all your measurements and then puts together a personalized book of how to be healthy. I'm hoping these things will work to shed 20lbs. I've never felt "in control" of my weight. I've only ever tried to really loose weight once, and that was my junior year of high school when I wanted to fit into a dress for prom. I should have weighed myself because I was dang skinny after that diet and exercise. Besides that, I've never felt a need to loose weight, just control it and not gain so much, especially around the mid-section. . . I should also find better fitting clothes. That makes a big difference too, I think. But anywho . . .
And as was said . . . Life goes on. James and I want to take a vacation soon. I would like to go to Disneyland. But we'll see what happens.
Hope life is treating you well!
3 comments:
Nancy, you are my dream ballroom diva! I think that is so awesome that you made team and that you follow your dream to keep dancing and learning! I want to get into it again. We both took up to 280 and absolutely LOVE it.
I have 40 pounds to lose after the baby, ahhh! What's "Y be fit"? It sounds neat.
Love the blog pic btw. :)
Go you!!! I'm still trying to lose my baby fat, so i understand.
Is curt the director for the spring team? If so, I hope that's not the same harry potter routine i danced when i was on his team... and he had it for a while before THAT. wow.
I hope you have fun. I was only on spring team once, and it was one of my favorite team experiences ever!
Katie-
Y Be Fit is this program through BYU that's basically like having a personal fitness consultant. They take all your measurements, do some blood work, have you keep a food journal for 3 days, and have you complete a short fitness test. Then they take all the results and make a booklet for you that focuses on your needs and goals etc. For me, I had to pay $20 up front, but working for BYU, I will get $50 back from my health insurance (so I'm basically getting paid to get healthy, great incentive, haha)
Megan-
There's actually 2 spring teams. Betsy is doing one, and Curt is teaching the other. I'm on Curt's team. I don't think it's the same routine, because it changes every day :) I'm loving spring team. It gives me a chance to do something I love :)
Post a Comment