Wow, has it really 3 months since my last post?
The number one reason for the lack of posting: SEMINARY.
James and I were called in July to be Seminary teachers for this school year.
Holy. Cow.
I can't begin to tell you how interesting this calling has been. By far the most difficult calling I have ever had (although I haven't had that many). But it's a little crazy and a struggle (at least for me). 7 years isn't long enough to recover from seminary, haha. It makes me so grateful for my Seminary teachers. I definitely need to let them know how important their sacrifices meant to me then and even more now. I really understand now that teachers do care. I find myself praying for these kids daily. I want to touch their lives. I want to help them catch the spark of the Gospel. I want them to excel and know the love Heavenly Father has for them. It's insane, but when the students make connections that I wasn't expecting, or ask questions and make comments that leave me speechless, I am deeply impressed with these kids. They're great.
I also picked up a "part-time" job at a Walgreens down the street.
When I was hired, I told them I was only looking for something small, definitely not interested in full time, maybe 15 hours a week max. The past 2 months I've been working an average of 34 hours a week. . . And unfortunately most of those shifts have been a 2pm - 11pm shift. Kinda hard considering I get home at 11 and try to get to bed asap, only to wake up at 4:45am . . . Yuck. It's also a kind of bummer because it means James and I are working complete opposite hours. So I guess it is good that we have Seminary together so we can spend the early morning together :)
I'm working so much because they have had some staff quit . . . Will I always be doomed to work somewhere that's "under-staffed"??
So usually my days consist of Seminary, nap time, then get ready to go to work :) I need to adjust my schedule though and do something more with my time. I'm so tired though that it's hard to get motivated to do things.
Another reason for the exhaustion: I'm expecting.
Yep. We should be getting our little "White baby" around March 24th. In about 2 weeks, I'll be getting an ultrasound to find out what little kidney bean will be.
As James' post has stated below, we have been SO incredibly blessed. Life has been good to us. Things have fallen into place right when we needed them to. We've still had to wait until the last minute on some of them (ie Health insurance for the little kidney bean), but Heavenly Father has greatly blessed our lives.
I'm waiting for the ultrasound from the upcoming appointment to go "official" with my pregnancy. Meaning I'll put it on Facebook finally. Cause nothing's official until it's on Facebook, and I'll be keeping a better update on how life is going for us, now that I'm into my second trimester and don't feel so sleepy and tired 24/7 . . . Well, I still do, but it's not as bad :D
3 comments:
WHOO-HOO!!!! Congratulations you guys!!!!!
So exciting! Congratulations! You will be the best mommy. I'm so proud of you two for being seminary teachers too. Wow. You guys are awesome!
Hey Nancy! That's so exciting you're pregnant! Just wait until you can feel the baby move. It's the coolest feeling in the world! Your baby will just be a couple months younger than ours! :)
Post a Comment