Sunday, October 16, 2011

Does this happen to you?

Since seminary started and since I've been scheduled from 2-11 at work, all I've been doing for the past 3 months is Seminary, sleep,work, sleep. In that order. Everyday.
Yes, I was making a baby, and that makes the first trimester hard, and getting 4 hours of sleep isn't the healthiest thing probably (AND the fact that those 4-5 I get at night are interrupted by bathroom trips and just being plain uncomfortable), regardless that I was coming home to get more, I hear it is better to get it all at once . . . Anywho, I was feeling the epitome of laziness. I was not doing anything with my life and/or time.

I began last Friday to start being better about my laziness. I worked out on Friday and immediately felt better about myself (ie I could better justify the hours I spend sitting at the computer). Monday there was no Seminary so I worked out again, then I decided to get some health insurance bills taken care of, updated our monthly budget, and just be overall much more productive.

I decided to try to be as productive the rest of the week. The past couple of days my nose has gotten a little stuffy and runny. But that's a pregnancy symptom, plus, the allergies are really bad here and since I've never lived here, I assumed that maybe I had a little seasonal allergy symptoms myself.

Thursday at work, my throat began to tickle. I always know I'm getting sick when my throat tickles. It spells DOOM for me. It is like slow torture when my throat begins to tickle. Cause I know what is coming and there is nothing I can do but wait for the sickness to hit. In the past, I have a had a huge anti-cold regime I go through when I feel that tickle. And the majority of the time, it has worked. But being pregnant, I'm a little more hesitant about what I put into my body. Especially since everything is pretty much controversial :)

Friday morning I felt like crap. I came home for my usual post seminary nap and slept until ELEVEN FORTY FIVE. . . I never sleep in that late.

I had plans this weekend. Friday I was going to buy some much needed new clothes (I seriously haven't had anything nice to wear in YEARS), and it was going to be date night, I found this really cool place to go, won't post it now cause it's a surprise to James still. Saturday was going to be cleaning day. I've been saying over and over to myself that I have to clean the bathroom.

The point of this post is that when ever I decide to start being productive, start exercising, and start getting things done, I get sick. This happens probably 95% of the time. Is my body really rejecting change? Have I conditioned myself to respond negatively to positive behavior? Because all I ended up doing this weekend was laying on the couch. I feel tons better. I chugged a butt load of orange juice (don't care what studies have said, orange juice is my placebo and you're not taking that away from me). And my sore throat has gone away. So in retrospect, it is a good thing that I did nothing, cause now I feel better. Maybe it is because I try to make too radical of adjustments at once. I go from not exercising, to doing 45 minutes of exercising.

But don't let that fool you. It's 45 minutes of bike riding and I hardly work up a sweat :D I watch TV and read while I do it. It makes the time go so much faster

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

It TOTALLY happens to me too! I've tried to start P90X again multiple times in the past few months, but I get about 2 weeks into it and then my body crashes and I get super sick. It's really frustrating. I think it does need to be a gradual thing. I've been doing my productivity kicks much more gradual lately and it's helped a ton! Good luck!