Tuesday, May 31, 2011

You know those times when you KNOW that this is the right thing to do . . .

There have been so many things lately testifying to me that James and I are supposed to go to Texas. As sad as I am to leave family, friends, familiarity, too many things are going right for me to think that we should be anywhere else.
Today, I got an email saying that my wedding dress sold and they will be mailing me a check. Was able to call them to ask to have it sent to Texas instead. I mean, how great is that?! I was just thinking the other day that who knows if my dress will EVER sell, and it did. Now I got a nice chunk of change heading my way. I'm still kinda bummed I sold it, but not having to deal with it has been kinda nice. 

We're up to our eye balls in boxes.

And that's just from last night. It's a little more organized today . . . and a little more chaotic

We're waiting for our trailer to get here. They said anytime between 12 and 4. It's 2 now. We're having people come over at 5. I still feel like there's so much to do . . . 
Our car is also in the shop getting some major repair work done. Whenever we take the car in, mechanics all the time comment how well the car is being taken care of and that we could get another 100k miles out of it if we keep it up. So yeas, we may be spending $500 today to fix the upper ball joints and bearings, but if it means another 2 years without needing to buy a car, yay for us. 
We wanted to possibly buy another car at the end of this year, and had savings set to do so. but then we had to move to Texas. So another car will be put on a back burner for some time while the savings pay off moving bills.

That's all for now. Right now all we can do is sit and wait for the car and for the trailer. Then it's a race to get everything done so we can leave tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Chris and I totally know how you feel. That's exactly how we felt when we left Provo. I'm excited for you guys! On to the next big adventure!