But we're here in Texas!! First thing: IT'S HOT!!! We were robbed of Spring time. Utah wouldn't get it's rear in gear and give us decent weather for more than a day, but then we come down here and it's been in the 90s (closer to 99/100) every day. And it's also humid here. Meaning that when the sun goes down, the temperature drops from 99 to 95. It's really not that bad though. And I know come winter when I don't have to de ice or scrape the car anymore, I'll be more appreciative of the weather :)
We stopped by 4 corners on the way. It was . . . fun? Just an interesting place to be/see.
We stayed in Albuquerque our first night down. It was pretty good. Just a place to stop off and rest. Next day was another 10.5 hours heading into TX. This was our scenery 95% of the drive:
You'll notice that in one of them, there were at least cows ;)
We made it to the apartment just fine and have "moved in". We are waiting for the majority of our stuff to arrive, which it should on Tuesday. We've been able to recruit a few people from the ward to help. It shouldn't take too long. We've just got 2 flights of stairs to go up :D
Tomorrow is James' first day of work. I'll be working on renter's insurance, ca r insurance, and fun stuff like that. Probably job hunting too. And telling the truck when to get here. We are really fortunate in that our apartment in in the back of the complex, so there is a space that I think will be big enough to park the trailer in that nobody else parks in usually.
I really like being on the top floor, although with the heat and the humidity, just getting myself up the stairs causes me to drip with sweat. . . I like to think of it as loosing more weight here :D
James and I had a good friend give us some books on CDs to listen to on the way down. We listened to 'Mistborn" by Brandon Saunderson. GOOD BOOK. It's 20 CDs long and we only got to CD 14, but it's crazy! I can't wait to finish it!!
We went to church for the first time today. It's funny cause in our ward, we we probably considered one of the "older couples" since we'd been in the ward for almost 3 years. Now we're the new kids again, and looked at as "just married" again, where as in the student ward, "just married" is only for a few weeks ;)
I'm so excited to get all my possessions back. I know everything will be fine, but I'm just worried over my stuff. I tend to think the worse and cry to James that everything will be broken and we'll have nothing.
That's all for now!
1 comment:
Yay Texas! yay Mistborn!....YAY :D
Post a Comment