Monday, May 23, 2011

Updates!

So the post below I wrote about 2 weeks ago. I would get weepy and anxious thinking about moving and so I never finished it until now.

But all of the anxieties might be gone!!!

It's really weird, because if everything continues, Saturday will be such a defining day of my life from here on out.
The two biggest things that happened Saturday were we sold our contract and I found health insurance that will cover maternity. For really cheap compared to the other options we were looking at.

But it started out I went to my Ultimate frisbee game and we won! That was fun
Then James was able to buy tickets to BlizzCon, something he's been wanting to for years. He tried last year, but never got close to getting tickets. He is going with 3 good friends. I have never seen James jump up and down like that. He was like a little kid in a candy store. It was precious. I'm glad he has something he's so excited for to look forward to (not that we don't have lots of exciting things to look forward to).

Next, we signed our contract. I was super worried about this. The girl who bought it from us had come over Friday night and said she really liked the apartment, and that she'll talk to her fiancĂ©e about it. But then she came back 5 minutes later and said if we had a contract, she wanted to sign it. Unfortunately, we didn't, but I told her to come back tomorrow at 12 and the office would be open and she'd be able to buy it from us. I just knew that she would leave, think about it, and then tell us she's reconsidered and we'd still have to keep searching. But she didn't! She came back, really excited, and BOUGHT THE CONTRACT! We still have to pay for June, but when we signed our contract, we paid the first and last months rent. So it's money we're not necessarily "losing" as we don't have it, we're just not getting it back.

Then I got a phone call from NCE Advantage. They can offer me maternity coverage for a lot cheaper than anywhere else I've looked so far. It sounded too good to be true, but after doing some research, and talking to James, and trusting my gut feeling that the Lord is looking out for us, I signed up with them.

Next, I wanted Costa Vida for dinner. We have a starving student card, plus some left over member points, and it came out to total $0.82!! I'll take it!

So now here I am, the biggest worry on my mind is moving. I'm feeling apprehensive only because so many good things happened that I don't know what to do with myself.
I mean, everything went right Saturday. Everything. Nothing could have gone more perfectly. I don't want to be taken as an idiot who was fooled by some scam artist.
It's hard to let myself hope after so many months of let down. If these are really blessings, I am enjoying them immensly

1 comment:

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

I'm so glad things are working out! Those worries you had can be the WORST!