Monday, November 15, 2010

So It's Been A While . . .

Almost 3 whole months a while :)

Guess James coming back gave me other things to do besides sit at home and miss him.

A lot has been going on, but at the same time I feel like I haven't accomplished anything.
I am currently taking an organ class. Which has been less than fun. More just grueling fingering exercises and organ history that I don't really care too much about. And I guess in the long run, I need to know these things, but I think I would have preferred BYU to have a class just on "Organ Playing for Church 101", and they taught you just what you needed to know to play hymns. Because I'm not looking into becoming some awesome organ performer, so half of what we do in class I could care less about. Can I please just sit for an hour and practice hymns? Guess that's what I could have done had I audited the class.
I'm also taking a dance class with James. Most likely our last one here at BYU. Very bittersweet.
And what do you know, Dancesport was this last weekend. Epic Fail. I guess I really am not a good dancer. I mean no one could have this much "bad luck" as I have had at dance competitions. Not one call back. Not one!  Again, it doesn't help that 4 of the 6 finalists were in our beginning heat. Curse good dancers ALL having last names that start so low in the alphabet . . . .

I unfortunately signed up for the aerobic classes through BYU again. I say unfortunately because I spent $48 and have maybe gone to 2 - 3 weeks of aerobics. James and I have taken up running at 6:15 every morning, M/W/F, and then weight lifting plus a little aerobics on T/TH. That alone has made me not super motivated to go to more aerobic classes. I was planning on doing more yoga, but the semester started and then Organ turned out to be so dumb, and my dance class is every Monday after work for 2 hours, and almost every other day I had intramural game right after work, so I was basically packing my whole closet with me (work clothes, dance clothes, athletic clothes. Not to mention all the shoes that go with that: organ shoes, work shoes, dance shoes, running shoes).
So after about a week of trying to cram all this stuff in, something had to go. I want to be able to go home and stay home and enjoy vegging. I'm sorry, but if you did what I do 9 hours a day, you would want to get off campus ASAP as well.

Our co-ed intramural kickball team won the lower division championship! That's 2 years running! Yeah! It was a pretty funny season. We lost every regular season game, won 2 championship games because the other team forfeit, and one the remaining 3 championship games legitimately. I was also on a girls flag football team. HATE girls flag football, but I had been made the captain and I felt obligated and didn't want to let down the other 5 girls who signed up. But when every team you play has 20+ girls, their own offensive line and defensive lines, the arm bands to hold their plays and 6-10 guys on the side lines "coaching" them . . . That's when it's not so cool any more. And the refs for girls flag football suck. Don't get me wrong, you couldn't pay me enough to ref some of the sports in intramurals. But a little consistency would be nice.

I started 'Lord of the Rings'. For probably the 5th time now. Why is that book so hard to read? I've never gotten past about 50 pages in . . . So maybe this time around it'll be better. Maybe blogging about it will be easier :)

My family is coming in a week! The last football game is this Saturday! Thanksgiving is close! That means Christmas! And even my Birthday!
So many things to look forward to. yays.

1 comment:

Strawboat said...

Yay last football game! :D