I had to change the color scheme of our page because there's another couple that are jamesandnancy and they had the EXACT same layout. I was offended and quickly changed ours. We are one of a kind. . . Guess I should learn how to make these pages cooler like everyone else. But that will come with time.
I applied for another position at Catering. Sadly, I didn't get it. Well, maybe not too sadly. It was the first position at catering I have ever applied for I didn't get!! Actually, I think this is the first job position ever I haven't gotten. Weird. I don't mind sitting at a desk too much. It does get a little boring. But I have a computer.
James is staying here over the summer. Internships weren't really working out. So he's going to dance and take other classes. James made the Spring dance team . . . (My husband is on the BYU Ballroom Dance team*!!). I'm really proud of him. I'm also really happy that a lot of people know me in the dancing world and think I'm a good dancer. That helps ease the pain of knowing he's doing something I can never do :)
Work plods on as usual. It's really slow right now. There are things I need to do . . . for September. But it's hard to get motivated. I like my office job alright. It has it's ups and downs. Being tied down to a desk 8-5 is a little monotonous and boring. And it does nothing for my figure :). James and I have started running again, yay! When you're not dancing every day of the week, your energy level WAAY decreases.
My younger sister is getting married in a little over a month. Weird. I have very strong opinions about this, but what can I say without being hypocritical besides the fact that I wasn't that young?
Two of my 3 married sisters/sister-in law are prego. Crazy. No kiddies for us, yet. 2 more years. And don't lecture me about having kids either (joke!) ;). The way I see it, we can either have a kid now, and be here 4 more years while James gets a full time job with benefits and has to take classes on the side, and I can go crazy with stress about how we'll make ends meet, how we'll pay the doctor's bill, where we'll move because we can't afford anything, and things would be miserable, not to mention it would be another 4-5 years before we could have another child. Or, I could wait 2 years, continue to grow our nest-egg (savings!), James can finish schooling in a timely manner, he can get a full time job set in place, and then we can start popping out kids with less worry than we would have now. I wouldn't feel the need to justify myself if we didn't live in the culture that is Provo:D
Speaking of dance, James and I have started taking lessons again. More expensive because we got an actual coach, well, not that our others haven't been real ones, but you know what I mean. But holy cow our rumba is already 5 steps higher than what we were doing before. Definitely a higher standard. I like it. It's pushing me. I need to get better any way. We are thinking about going to Las Vegas for the ballroom competition there in August. Unfortunately, it's looking like it'll be $200 just to register and buy tickets. Makes Dancesport look like pocket change. It would be fun . . . not for $500 though. If we're going to be spending that kind of money, we may as well go to Disneyland :) We'll see. So if anyone wants to go to Vegas, or lives in Vegas, let us know!
Life moves on as normal. James spends his afternoons at the animation lab, the CS TA lab or improving his skills that he'll need in the post-apocalyptic aftermath :) We'll be prepared.
*And by BYU Ballroom Dance Team, I mean just the spring team :D
1 comment:
I loved your feisty, "Don't you lecture me" comment! I'm right there with you.
Post a Comment