
Yes I know voting day is over and prop 8 passed so why bring it up, right?
I just wish people would stop judging me and almost hating me for supporting it. Aren't those who look down upon me for being "ignorant, brain washed, taking away people's right", doing the same thing by hating me for my views? I don't think that I am a bad person. I have beliefs and you have beliefs. Most of your have such strong beliefs that nothing I say will change them. I'll admit that I'm not always up to date on legal issues. And yes, I can't quote you word for word what Proposition 8 actually says. But I know it's important. And my beliefs are so strong, nothing you say is going to change them either. So don't try to start a political debate with me. You are obviously looking for a way to put me down and tell me how wrong I am for supporting something like this. Thanks
It saddens me that some of my good friends from high school won't speak to me any more over this issue. I don't think I'm stripping civil rights from anyone. And I'm sorry that offends you. But shouldn't those in opposition of Prop 8 have a little tolerance as well? You preach tolerance and acceptance, and I accept you, just not your practices. So can't you show us (or at least me) tolernace as well?
I wanted to find the LDS response to that awful commercial they aired about the missionaries. But I can't. If someone finds it, please let me know. And I'm not going to lie. The individuals behind that commercial are pure evil. They have sold their souls to the devil.
No comments:
Post a Comment