Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dancesport

So BYU Dancesport championships took place.

Fun stuff...

Ill leave it to Nancy to post pictures or you can go to our facebook. I'm actually pretty sure the only people who will read this WILL be Nancy and myself so whats it matter? Either way... to you, the invisible person who hopefully is not Nancy or I that will someday read this blog, Dancesport went well.

In open competition we survived one round of Novice Latin, which is a great first time experience. Our Samba was the highlight of the dance, getting 4, then 3 callbacks in rounds 1 and 2. Rumba was not so well received... 1 callback a piece. Go's to show you should do your own routine and not class routines. We also noticed no couple who was not in costume got called back 2nd round. 2nd lesson? Wear a costume.

285 Latin we made it to Quarterfinals in our Rumba, can't complain.

Again, Nancy proved her prowess in outperforming me, she carried her partner to round 3 in Gold 380 Waltz while I failed to make a callback... I take full blame on it too for jumping the gun on my start then losing count. I never lose count! But I lost count... it was sad. Sorry Caitlyn!

In Gold Paso we made a callback... great energy and show first time through, 2nd was a bit lacking I thought. Overall a good experience.

Nancy made a few rounds with Cliff Newman in silver 280 Triple Swing.

Thats your dancesport report!

-James

1 comment:

Jess said...

Sounds like y'all had a busy weekend...but it sounds like it was fun. :)