Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Jaina's first trip

Jaina chilling out in the airport on the way to Salt Lake City. 

Traveling with a baby wasn't too hard for the first time. I realized quickly just how much stuff adds up though. We got away with 2 suitcases, her car seat, a stroller and 4 carry-ons (condensed into 3 carry ons for the trip home). 

We felt like real grown ups because we rented a car. That was a new one for both of us. I'm hoping everything is ok. The bill hasn't gone through yet. Apparently we had to wait a long time (although I didn't feel like we did) and so they said they were going to give us 20% off for the wait. Woot! Go Enterprise (unless I get the bill and there is something on there that I don't like)!

I learned some interesting things on this trip:

1) Always, always, always take the diaper bag. Even if it's only going to be a short time, or the baby was just changed
2) Always plan out exactly where you are going and be prepared accordingly.
3) Always make sure you know if you are meeting up with someone. Flying by the seat of your pants gets you left out and sad.
4) Always pay the extra day for the hotel room. Or for a late check out.
5) Always have a plan for down time
6) Always bring flip flops. Just because you wore high heels for 10+ years, and danced for 3 years in heels, somehow in 9 months your feet revert back to pansies and you get huge blisters all over your feet
7) If baby doesn't like her carseat, go on long car trips to help learn to fall and stay asleep in one

Can someone explain to me why I cannot have my child moby wrapped to me during take off and landing?? I would think it more safe to have her strapped to me then sitting freely in my lap. And if it keeps her asleep, isn't that safer for everyone's sanity?




1 comment:

Shauna said...

congrats on your little girl! she's beautiful! glad to see you're doing well.

i totally agree with all your little things you learned...ESPECIALLY the one about bringing your diaper bag with you everywhere no matter how short the trip is. its always when you dont have your diaper bag that something disastrous and disgusting happens :)