Ok so it's been a whole heck of a while since our last update, and so much has happened!
First, we had our dance competitions. I didn't have the heart to write about those. We are definitely improving, however, and so I shouldn't be too down. November Dancesport was the hardest one. We were supposed to do so well in the Waltz competition and got shafted. Saddest day of my life ever in dance competitions.
But we made it to quarterfinals in Novice Latin which is a huge accomplishment for us, at least in Dancesport. The other competitions went well. We've been taking a significant break from dancing because of the holidays. We are working on a new Paso Doble, and improving our other dances. With the new year starting, we will be going back to our 7am practices and working as hard as ever. Our first competition is January 30th, so we have to be ready!
Thanksgiving was GREAT. Pictures to come shortly. Spent the day at Brandon & Tamisin Prince's apartment, playing games, watching football, cooking delicious food and overall having a good time. Ryan was there with us, and our friend Jeff joined us for dinner. We really enjoy doing our own Thanksgiving, especially when James is so gung-ho about cooking :)
With Thanksgiving being over, it also meant BYU home football games were over. Halle-freaking-lujah!!! If i have to go through another football season of whiny, over-privileged, spoiled brats who have life handed to them on a silver platter, I will scream! But I'm working on that and with the start of a new year, we'll see what comes.
The weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas were a blur of work, finals and stress. James had a lot of work to get done and I was trying to make sure all the holiday parties at work were getting taken care of.
Oh yeah, we went to North Carolina the weekend of December 5th for James' sister's, Brittany's, wedding. It was small and just had immediate family. A nice escape for the freezing cold of Provo. I believe they are planning on a real reception for everyone to celebrate in May/June. She is pregnant with the first grand-baby on James' side. I'm a little relieved because it take a lot of pressure off of us to have a baby now ;)
Christmas time we spent at my family's in California. Funny, we went coast to coast in a matter of two weeks :). Unfortunately, some members of my family were ill, and James got pretty sick the day before Christmas Eve. He then spent all of Christmas Eve in bed, a good part of Christmas day feeling lousy and the day after as well. He was beginning to feel a little better, but last night was pretty bad. I encouraged him to go see a doctor and see if he has a sinus infection, but I doubt he'll go.
But Christmas for me was grand :) It was Christmas present enough to spend time with my family, see my nieces and nephews, and meet the newest nephew, Michael "Treasure" Stoltenberg. I love my family so, so much! James and I brought half our gifts with us to California, and half stayed here. So when we get around to it, we'll have another gift opening, yay!
James' parents and youngest sister, Bekah, will be coming into Salt Lake on New Year's Eve, on their way to drop Bekah off at BYU-I for winter semester there. We're not sure our plans for New Year's, but we'll figure something out.
I'm sure we have more restaurant reviews . . . . We went to In 'N' Out before we left to California, that was obviously amazing. . . But I can't remember the other place we went to.
I am committing a huge cliche this New Year's and joining the band wagon of loosing weight. I am a little disgusted by how much weight I gained over Thanksgiving/Christmas period. Since James and I weren't dancing every day, and there was so much incredible food at my parents, with no thought of physical activity, my clothes were feeling a bit tight last night coming to Utah. That, and my mom was practicing making body suits for latin dresses and let me tell you, those things show every bump, bulge and unwanted curve your have, and sucking in doesn't take it away. Latin dancing isn't for bulgy people. I have some work to do.
I'm starting today, December 30th (so I'm not too cliche because I'm starting before the new year, hah!) by first adding exercise besides dance practice. I have the time to exercise, I'm just always too lazy to do it. Now that it's snowing and averaging 20 degrees outside everyday, I have more of an excuse not to exercise, but my determination will prevail! I'm also going to start the whole, 'write down everything you eat'. I've always heard that helps, but have never tried it before. So we'll see what happens with that. I'm not going to diet. I fail at diets miserably. And really, diets don't work. Because I'm not willing to drastically change my eating habits like you have to in all of them. Right now, my goal is to loose 10lbs by my first dance competition, which is in exactly one month. So that's 2.5lbs per week. Go me!
Other than that, life goes on. I came back from vacation Tuesday night, went to work today, only to have Thursday and Friday off from work. Yay!
Hope all of you are doing well
No comments:
Post a Comment