I guess blogging is a very popular thing. Popular enough that people offer $400+ classes on how to write a good blog . . . Um, really? Whatever, I'm sure these are also for people who sell services on blogs. . . But I find it all a bit, well, weird.
Yes, I really did get on team. You know, it's funny though. BYU offers this GREAT benefit of taking classes for free. It's really sweet. . . But all the hoops they make you jump through, makes it's so hard to actually get to take classes. At least with my department it's hard. I not only have to clear it with my office manager (who I used to think hated me taking classes, but now I guess not), but my job manager and the dean of my department. Approved with signatures. And considering the dean's office is on the other side of campus, and he's never there, it's a little difficult. So then I had to reapply to BYU, which admissions office said I only needed to fill out parts 1 and 2 of the BYU application. What they failed to inform me was that I needed to go speak to an admissions counselor who had to manually waive my ecclesiastical endorsement because BYU already had one on file since I work here full time. Not to mention getting late fees and tuition waived by the admissions office and the benefits office. Mind you these are all 4 different offices located in four different places. Sooo yeah. It was a hassle and a half. But I finally got it all cleared!
I'm taking my vow now not to talk about work outside of work. I swear I am bugged. so if anyone asks me how work is, it's fine and I get by. That's it. Having things bite me in the butt are not worth the cathartic-ness of venting about how much my life sucks ;)
I've been spending a lot of time putting sequins on my latin dress. I just KNOW the first time I get out to dance, they're all going to come flying off. Mainly because I'm putting them on with craft glue, and some of them have sticky backs already. We'll see after August 8th if I completely wasted hours of my life putting on sequins. Not that I already waste hours of my life at work and at home ;)
I wish I would have seriously tried doing graphic design. That would have been really good. Or tried my hand at photography. That has a lot of money in it. People pay photographers anywhere from $200-$1000 an hour. Just for the photographer to be there! Then there's all the pictures on top of that. Sheesh, those people get a lot of money. And I know it's prolly a super hard job cause you gotta make people happy, which is 10 times easier said then done.
I'll be posting some of James' work next blog. He's working with the astronomy department updating their "virtual tour" of planets and such. I'm so proud of him!!
24 days 'til summer dancesport! I feel like we have a really good chance this year of maybe even placing in novice. Woot woot!!!
1 comment:
I am therefor I blog ;)
Post a Comment