So about a week ago I got an email from Alpine Studios. They are a video game company in American Fork. I had been in contact with them earlier this year, around March, just looking for contacts for information and other things. You know, get to know people in the industry.
Well, about Tuesday as I said (so this is like 2 weeks ago) they email me saying they were interviewing people for a job on a new video game project they were doing. Um HECK YES! So, I told them I was interested, as it was a three week project starting (get this), the day summer term finished, and would run till August 31, which is when Fall Semester starts? Totally sign me up, as what else would I be doing?
So, I interviewed, and found out the details. It was a job where I would be doing a prototype for the new game, something to demonstrate what the game would do. The entire project was in Flash, using a language called Actionscript, something I have never used before, but who cares? Its a game project. They even gave me a mini test to see my programming knowledge.
I came out of the interview feeling like it was a great education but feeling I was under qualified for the job. Much to my surprise, they emailed me with the job offer! A 3 week contract working as a programmer doing the job in Flash. COOL!
So, to add things to awesome, Les told me that if I knew any artists to help with the project, and do the artwork for the prototype, i should bring them in. So I contacted my buddy Nate Rees, who first got me interested in the animation field back before the mission in 2004, and now he is on board. So not only do I get to spend the next 3 weeks doing what I want to do for a living, but I get to work closely with a friend while doing it. This is going to be awesome.
So after a week of it, im really starting to feel the pressure of getting the job done on time. At the same time I am learning at on, and its starting to come to me. With Vegas this weekend, things will be busy as I lose Thursday and Friday, but im going to put in the hours and crank it hard. Its going to be a great week I hope.
So yeah, soon as I am no longer under lawful contract Ill let people know what game to look for in stores in like a year
~Sid
No comments:
Post a Comment